3.23.2009

Divine Intervention

Okay. I am working from home. I was in the middle of creating an illustration of the before and after of a fish passageway. I was having fun. I even pumped my fist and shouted "Yes! Woohoo!" when I finally broke through a visual problem.

I paused and began admiring my work, mentally patting my back. Then a Church song sprung in my head:

Glory to you,
O Word of God,
Lord, Jesus Christ...

What does one do when God interrupts? Well, I stopped and chanted those words for a minute or so until it faded, and I just sat there in silence aware of the Divine Presence.

What did I learn from that experience? To give thanks always for our daily bread is delivered every moment without fail.

How about you? When did God interrupt your chore, your job, your busyness? How did you respond?

For he is our God
And we are the people of his pasture,
the flock under his care.

Today, if you hear his voice,
Harden not your hearts.

-Psalm 95

No comments: