2.28.2009

This is my body, this is my blood...

"On the night he was betrayed, he took bread and gave you thanks and praise. He broke the bread, gave it to his disciples, and said:
Take this all of you, and eat it:
This is my body which will be given up for you.

When supper was ended, he took the cup. Again he gave you thanks and praise, gave the cup to his disciples, and said:
Take this, all of you, and drink from it:
This is the cup of my blood, the blood of the new and everlasting covenant. It will be shed for you and for all so that sins may be forgiven. Do this in memory of me."

For me, those are the sweetest words at the vigil Mass today, and at every Mass. But not as sweet as having the Body of Christ dissolving in the Blood of Christ in my mouth as I knelt and closed my eyes. Then, I let the wine slowly trickle down my throat. I feel it slowly going through my veins in my upper body and aided by gravity down to my legs and feet. Christ is in me! I surrender my body. I gently open my eyes, seeing all the people around me... it's Christ all around me. O how sweet it is!

Let us pray with our body, heart. and soul:

Standing, lean forward and 
stretch your arms forward, and say: 
Christ before me.
Stand straight, bring hands toward the back: 
Christ behind me.
Flex your knees, and reach down toward earth
Christ under my feet.
Stand straight and raise your arms overhead: 
Christ above me.
Bring you arms down and 
gently swing left and right: 
Christ around me.
Come back to the center, 
and bring your hands flat onto your heart: 
Christ within me.

Then come to a comfortable sitting position, 
and with thankfulness, sit with the Divine Presence.
Close with Amen, Amen, Amen.

No comments: