2.26.2009

Rilly, Rilly Bad

Last weekend, I took my 1985 Honda to Goodyear for an oil change. It was to take an hour, so I walked to a nearby cafe, and read, and watched people. Then I get a call from Goodyear informing me the car is almost done, but the mechanic saw the terminals of my battery needed cleaning and application of an anti-corrosive spray. I gave my approval.

I walked back to the shop. The front desk person gave me the job order form to sign. This is when I saw the mechanic's note in his handwriting: "needs noko rilly rilly bad." Noko is for non-corrosive. 

What caught my eyes is the "rilly rilly bad" portion. I smiled. Not in a condescending way, but in amusement. Because communication, I found out, is more effective when it comes from the heart. And his "rilly rilly" came from the heart. He believed it. He put his reputation on the line. To start the embodiment of that belief, he wrote down what his heart is saying. I talked to him afterward, and he seemed proud of what he did.

If the body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, the heart is its altar. From the heart, instructions are sent to every cell in my body to spread the Good News to the world. 

"If today you hear His voice, harden not your hearts." -Psalm 95

Let's listen, listen to 
the 'still small voice within'
With the ears of our hearts.
Amen

No comments: