- Doing the poses in this book has the potential to affect the health of the physical being. The movements stretch and strengthen muscles and joints, promote balance and flexibility in both body and mind, and help improve the respiratory, digestive, circulatory, and nervous systems. Body awareness leads to a more mindful self-health care.
- Practiced in the morning, it helps start the day in a positive way. It brings an intentional, a more contemplative stance (which is an awareness of God’s loving presence wherever we are) to the whole day. It makes the morning feel like Easter morning: new day, new world, and new life. Practiced in the middle of the day, it reminds us that we are not alone, that God is with us, even in the toughest situations. Practiced in the evening, it brings a gentle, forgiving, and relaxing closure to the day and promotes a more peaceful and restful sleep.
- Practiced regularly, the prayer format offered in this book could lead to a more focused and less scattered mind. It helps to open the body, heart and mind to the God’s loving actions. It also helps in developing a more present, loving, and God-aware way of moving, of living, of being. From menshealth.com : “Pray. New research shows that men who pray frequently have 3.5 percent lower diastolic BP than once-in-a-while worshippers.”
- The Living your Prayer sections help us to choose and spread light, peace, compassionate, and joy in a proactive way in our daily life. It promotes the integration of both our external and interior lives which could lead in improved relationships with God and all the people in our lives. It helps us create a more positive, creative, and life-giving environment for ourselves and for others.
- This prayer book could help revitalize a monotonous, lifeless, and spiritless prayer life. “This book that you hold in your hands may be the beginning of a whole new unfolding in your dialogue with the Divine.” (from the foreword)
What's in it for you?
How will this book help/benefit you, the pray-er?