8.02.2009

Kosi r'vaya... My cup overflows... always.


If the only prayer you say
in your entire life is
Thank You,
it will be enough.

-Meister Eckhart

This past week was especially rich. My cup overflowed. The dam of God's goodness, beauty, and truth broke!

Welcome to my banquet table:
  • Annie: it was her birthday this week. And our 35th wedding anniversary. Anyone who can stay with me for 35 years and still smiles is an angel. And I said so in my dedication of my book. Thank you, Annie!
  • Praying with the Body DVD: It's finally out and listed at amazon.com. Paraclete Press think so highly of the offering in the DVD that it's listed at $44.99! It contains 9 prayer sessions (3 for the morning, 3 for noon, and 3 for the evening). So help the economy recover and get a couple. Thanks, Paraclete Press!
  • Memphis, Sybil, and Ellen: Paraclete Press is sponsoring workshops featuring the 3 books of their Active Prayer Series. Sybil MacBeth authored Praying with Color, and Ellen Prewitt Making Crosses. We have our first workshop in Memphis on December 5. Thanks, Jon Sweeney, and Sybil!
  • Seattle U and Christine Valters Paintner: Last Friday, I led Christine's class in morning prayer using Alleluia 8 from my book, and gave a 45-minute sharing about how I try to live the Benedictine Oblate life. Thanks, Christine!
  • Child Pose: Before I went to Christine's class, I visited the sanctuary of my favorite Ignatian Chapel, and went onto child pose in total surrender and receptivity. See image above. I stayed like that for about 5 minutes feeling the Divine Presence all over me. I recommend it. Thank you, God!
  • Chants for Peace: I went with a couple of friends to Great Vow Zen Monastery in Oregon and participated in chanting for peace led by representatives from Buddhist, Hindu, Christian traditions: Kirtan, Universal Dance for Peace, Sutra chants, Gregorian Chant... "Kosi r'vaya" is Hebrew for "My cup overflows" which we chanted for about half an hour! Awesome place and people. True place of joyful peace. Thanks, GVZM!
How about you? What are 3 things you are most thankful for this past week?

You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord
my whole life long.
-Psalm 23 (nrsv)

No comments: